Window blinds are used in every house and offices to reduce to the effect of heat and light from sun to keep the inside environment cool. Hence, it is necessary to choose best blind considering the requirements of the house. There are many different kinds of readymade window blinds with a wide range of control systems to cover the window.
The blinds can be broadly classified into 5 different categories:
- Venetian blinds
- Roller blinds
- Roman blinds
- Pleated blinds
- Vertical blinds.
From the above, roller blinds are most popularly used blind. Unlike other blinds, which are made with slats of fabric, wood, plastic, or metal that adjust by rotating from an open position to a closed position by allowing slats to overlap; roller blind does not have slats but consists of a single piece of material. Roller blinds are usually stiffened polyester that is mounted on a metal pole and operated with a motor or controlled by side chain or spring mechanism. Relatively the expenses are less than other ready-made blinds. According to blinds manufactures, it can be divided in four main categories:
- Block out Roller Blinds
- Translucent Roller Blinds
- Transparent / Sheer Roller
- Blinds Screen / Sheer Roller Blinds
All the above blinds reduce the heat and also stop direct light. Sunscreen fabric and Transparent / Translucent (privacy) fabric gently filters the light into the room where as Block out fabric, completely darken the room and provide privacy.
These blinds can be used in living area, kitchen, bathroom; study room etc. It is also very acceptable in the offices. It comes in many colors like white, pink, black, yellow, brown, grey, purple etc. and different patterns like striped roller blinds, spotty & dotty roller blinds and roller blinds for children etc.
There is an option by which we can control two blinds by one drive system (Chain Clutch or Tubular Motor). With the help of this system we can opt for two different types of blind in a single window to give complete privacy and block out the harmful UV rays, and light and another benefit is that it reduces glare while retaining some natural light and view
Fitting of window roller blind is very easy. You can fit it without the carpenter. It only requires one screwdriver and one drill machine. Following are the simple steps to fit the blind in the window:
- Measure the window length & breadth and then buy the ready-made blinds from nearby store or purchase it online. The benefit is online purchase is that you can easily compare the blinds that are within your budget. It is better to purchase slightly larger than the actual requirement because you can easily cut the blind to fit in your window.
- Hold the blind above the window, where you want to fix it and mark a straight level line on the wall. You can take assistance from another person to check the right position of the blind. Ideally this line should be positioned 4-5 centimeters above the window.
- In order to know the screw positioned of the end brackets, put the end bracket at both the ends and mark the hole positioned.
- Drill the holes at the marked screw position and secure the bracket on the wall with screw.
- If the blind you have purchased is too long or wide, you can cut the roller and the blind to fit into bracket. Slide the blind into the brackets. Pull the blind up and down to check that the cord or other mechanism is working properly.
If you would like to know then click here, you will able to get few more details.