In the digital age of the 21st-century offices have a reduced role in its importance to the economy and company. Not to take away from the fact that it is still considered absolutely necessary for companies to have office buildings to operate their businesses and conduct meetings. But for the new age start-ups of today, led by a generation that preaches standing out from crowds, offices are a thing of the past.
Start-ups today have something called a virtual office; it is an innovation which comes about with the advent of the imagination age. This virtual office provides address services for a fee, without actually providing an office space. It is a completely different thing from an office business centre which actually provides a physical office space along with meeting rooms.
A utilitarian of having an office space, it has gotten a lot of attention from start-ups who work from home and don’t really need an office space, instead, they need a virtual office to keep their business official. Working from home means that most of the work is done via the computer and does not really involve human interaction or even information exchange in person. This is the hallmarks of many new start-ups and businesses that operate online.
Having a virtual office is beneficial to start-ups and India is full of them, especially cities like Delhi and Bangalore. All it takes is a click of a button to find many such virtual offices in the city and outskirts. Google searching virtual office in Sohna Road Gurgaon, and virtual office in Delhi can yield a host of appropriate results, one can then select it based on the budget and needs of the company.
There are many advantages to having a virtual office, some of which are:
- Remote receptionist: A team of workers in an office environment using high tech computer telephony integration software, to replace traditional receptionists.
- Virtual Assistant: A person who is working with and doesn’t have to meet clients face to face, he also no access to CTI Software.
- Virtual office space: Companies can have reputed locations in the city as their office addresses at the fraction of the price.
- Mailing address: The professional address can be used to correspond to mail without the connotations of a P/O box. This helps keep the personal addresses of a home-based business separate from that of a personal address. This helps users expand into new emerging markets to give a professional presence.
- Business meeting space: The on-demand usage of conference rooms and offices for meetings. These spaces can be rented at a very short notice.
- Open envelope scanning: A professional in-charge opens the document, scans it and sends it as an email or keeps a digital copy in a cloud-based storage system. Sometimes the physical mail is shredded unless absolutely required to be kept as a physical copy.
Virtual offices and its usage signal a new era of workforce and companies, one that does not follow the general trends and likes to do things their own ways.