A simple definition of carton box can be a container made up of paperboard or corrugated fibreboard which is used in storing medium weighted and sometimes heavy goods and products. There are mainly four types of cartons which include packaging and folding cartons, egg cartons, tabletop, and aseptic carton. These packaging and folding cartons are basically used for shipment of goods and you can easily customize these cartons according to your product’s dimension. In this regard, you can contact the manufacturer and they will design your packing and carton boxes according to your needs.
What are Packaging and Folding Cartons Boxes?
Packaging cartons are generally suitable for storing certain food products, pharmaceuticals, hardware, and other such relatable goods. Folding cartons are made up of paperboard and E Flute or Micro Flute corrugated fibreboard. Cartons of food are made from a higher grade and lighter solid sulfate board with the plastic coating. Because of the limitations of cutting machinery, the thickness of the board is limited to 0.81 mm (0.032 in), and folding cartons are generally limited to holding a few pounds or kilograms of material. Packaging and folding cartons can also be made up of cardboard which are industrially prefabricated boxes, primarily used for packaging goods and materials. These boxes are eco-friendly and recyclable.
These are inexpensive, disposable light weighted boxes used for a variety of purposes. In today’s time, the manufacturer of these boxes attempts to produce these boxes in different styles and designs so as to ensure a good demand in the market.
What is Packaging?
Products are protected and enclosed with the technology and art of packaging. This is the method following which products get distributed, stored, sold and used. It is a process of designing, evaluating, and producing packages. Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing, logistics, sale, and end use. Packaging contains, protects, preserves, transports, informs and sells. Packaging is required for a number of purposes and we need that in our day to day activities.
Packaging can be of Several Different Types Such as the Following:
- Consumer Package: This refers to the packages done for direct consumption needs and these are mainly for consumer’s purposes. These may include edibles and even certain FMCG products that need to be transported on the long-distance basis.
- Transport or Distribution Package: This refers to the packages done for transporting a product from one corner of the world to the other or anywhere else as per the situation. Such packages are sealed and protected properly to avoid leakage and damages.
- Custom Packaging: These types of Packaging are used up particularly by the medical or the cosmetic industries and manufacturers.
Different Types of Packaging Available in the Market:
We also have medical device packaging, bulk chemical packaging, over-the-counter drug packaging, retail food packaging, military materiel packaging, pharmaceutical packaging, etc. So you can choose the packaging system according to your needs and nature of your industry or products.
Packaging is also classified into three categories depending upon their layers and respective functions:
- Primary packaging: This is the smallest unit of distribution which is in direct contact with the contents of the packaging box. Primary Packaging is done so as to ensure greater security and also to protect the contents from the outside damages.
- Secondary packaging: This lies outside the primary packages and provided even more security to the contents inside. This is also sometimes used to group the primary packages altogether.
- Tertiary packaging: This is used for bulk storage and transport shipping.
So now you can also design your carton and packaging boxes according to your needs and for more details, you can search these boxes online.