The Manipal University Online Entrance Test, or MU OET, is conducted by Manipal University every year for admissions into undergraduate as well as post-graduate courses. This is a computer-based examination. Those, who wish to get an admission to various courses offered by Manipal University, need to take the Manipal University Online Entrance Test. The exam for 2017 is already over. Candidates are now preparing for the next exam, which will be held in April 2018.
The exam is for 2.5 hours and has 200 multiple choice questions. The question paper for this exam has questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry Mathematics, and general English. The questions are based on the syllabus of 10+2.
The Distribution of Questions
The expected distribution of the multiple choice questions in MU OET is as follows:
- 50 questions from Physics
- 50 questions from Chemistry
- 70 questions from Mathematics
- 30 questions from English and General Aptitude
The eligibility criteria for engineering and technology, medical and management courses are as follows:
For Undergraduate Level:
Applicants need to have passed 10+2 or any other exam which is equivalent to it and needs to have secured a minimum of 50%.
For Postgraduate Level:
Applicants need to have finished their Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 50%.
Details of Application
The online application will be made available by Manipal University in the month of November 2017. It is important that the candidates check all the norms of eligibility before they proceed with the application. Candidates can successfully complete their online application by filling up the required details and paying the application fees mentioned at the time of submitting the completed application.
The procedure to fill up the online form is as follows:
- Start by visiting the official website of Manipal University
- Click on the Admissions tab
- Click on the Online Registration link
- Enter the basic information asked
- Now select the program of your choice and continue with the payment online
- Use the user ID and password sent to you through email and sms to log onto the website again
- Enter your contact details and recheck to make sure they are correct
- Enter details about your educational qualification
- Now, finish the application and submit the application. Download a copy of the completed application, or print out a copy and keep it safe for future reference.
The Application Fee
Indian applicants need to pay an application fee of INR 600/-, and INR 1,400/- as registration fee. The fees can be paid online using a credit or debit card or through net banking. If the candidates are unable to make the payment online, they can do so with a demand draft.
International applicants need to pay the application fee of INR 2,500/-.
Having successfully completed the examination, candidates are called for a counselling by Manipal University which is mostly held in the month of July. Students who have qualified will be notified to register and also submit their choice, based on which the seat allocation takes place.
Candidates need to carry certain documents when they go for the counseling session. Make sure you have the following documents with you:
- Original e-hall ticket
- Original copy of the 10th class marks certificate
- Original marks sheet of 10+2
- Original conduct or character certificate which is issued by the school or college
- Original transfer certificate, or school or college leaving certificate
- Parent’s PAN Card
- Aadhaar card
- Photocopies of all the above mentioned documents (1 set)
- 4 recent passport-sized photographs
- 1 stamp-sized photograph
So, if you wish to get a seat in Manipal University, it is time you start preparing for the Manipal University Online Entrance Test.