Aesthetic procedures come in all kinds starting from rhinoplasty, blepharoplasty, orthopedic surgery, skin laser surgery, brow lifting and so on. Brow lifting is a surgical procedure that is more common to women than to men. Let us have a look at a number of concepts concerning brow lifting:
What it is
Brow lifting is basically a cosmetic procedure for having your eye brows elevated. This is done in order to attain a better appearance than ever before. Besides surgical brow lifting like making incisions over the eyebrow, at the hair line or even endoscopic ally, there are other non-invasive techniques of brow lifting.
Risks and Complications Involved
Though a good number of Melbourne Brow Lift surgeries have proven to be successful, this is never a guarantee. There is a long list of complications and risks that are involved. These include:
- Formation of bruises
Brow lifting involves making of incisions at either the forehead, hair line or at the endoscopic region. Clearly, this has a tendency of leaving a wound at the excision point. This bruise may take up to several weeks to heal. This puts an individual through a difficult time of pain.
- Brow asymmetry
It is not a guarantee that a brow lift surgical operation will result to a proportional forehead of hair brows. For one reason or the other, asymmetrical hair brows may result. This gives funny and embarrassing facial look. It may be necessary to carry out a secondary brow lifting surgery.
- Facial nerve weakness thus eye closure
In the process of eye brow elevation, a lot happens to the nerve structure. This may lead to an uncontrolled eyelid closure something that is quite inconveniencing. It causes vision obscure from time to time.
- Temporary numbness /permanent
The fact that one has to undergo an anesthesia procedure for operation is not the best. It may lead to periodical or permanent numbness even much later after the operation.
- Occasional scalp bleeding
During brow lifting, an incision is made at the forehead or at the scalp. The fact that the occipital sutures are strong enough may not help. Still, the excision made may keep bleeding from time to time.
For Brow Lifting
- It greatly enhances the entire look of a person especially if a symmetrical operation results.
- This also heightens the self-esteem of an individual.
- It results to elevation of one’s eyebrows to a position that is more aesthetical.
- It enhances the skin hooding to your upper eye lids.
- It greatly enhances the upper and outer visual field.
Against Brow Lifting
- It may lead to harmful future consequences such as: bleeding of scalp, nerve weakening at the fore head thus unplanned eye closure and so on.
- It is not a guarantee that the brow lifting surgery will be a success.
- It is expensive and thus not affordable for all.
Besides the above discussed risks and complications of brow lifting, there are other general consequences. Some of them include: blood infection, cardiac arrest, hemophilia, air way complications and so on. After all is said and done, it is upon you to compare the upsides and downsides of brow lifting to make a well informed decision.