If you are planning a trip to Australia and are confused about the travel Visa you require, you can check the online travel visa advisor and find out about the various visas that are available to an individual who is travelling to Australia. This article, however, will help you with all the necessary details for getting a tourist visa to Australia.
What is ETA or Electronic Travel Authority?
The Electronic Travel Authority or the ETA for the Australia Tourist Visa is one of the most advanced and streamlined Visa Authorization system around the world. It eliminates the need for application forms by replacing the Visa labels and stamps.
Since ETA Australia is an electronically stored authorization for travelling to Australia, one does not need any form of paper documentation or stamp in the passport.
- ETA is also the name given to the most commonly used Australian Tourist Visa that allows an individual to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on every arrival within 12 months from the date of grant of Visa.
- ETA is different from the traditional visas since there is no requirement to fill the application form and no visa label or stamp in the passport.
- ETA is available to the passport holders from the countries and regions that are specified by the Australian Government.
- To apply for ETA, one must be from outside Australia and hold a passport that has been issued by a country or region that is ETA-eligible. The list of such ETA eligible countries and regions is available on the website.
- In case you wish to apply for ETA, you must do it with the passport or the passport number. The visa is linked to this number only. In any of the cases where the passport is stolen, lost or replaced before the passenger travels to Australia, they will have to re-apply for ETA visa.
Steps to apply for an instant ETA Tourist Visa
- Step 1
You must complete the online application form that is available on the website.
- Step 2
Enter the complete travel information and all the passport details of the travelling passengers.
- Step 3
Once you make the payment, the application is instantly processed and linked to your passport number.
- Step 4
Within a few minutes, your ETA status will be confirmed to you by email.
Conditions of the ETA
There are several conditions of the ETA that the visitors travelling to Australia must abide by while they are in Australia. In case they fail to do so, their visa might be cancelled or they might be subject to other penalties. Among the several other conditions, the visitors are not allowed to work while they are in Australia. However, limited volunteer work done in the time period is acceptable. The visitors cannot take up any studies or programs for more than a period of three months. And they must be free from Tuberculosis when they enter Australia.