There is not anything like causing surprise that car accidents with pedestrians frequently cause a really high possibility for critical injuries. Pedestrians, from another point of view, should always go after the advice impressed us as a child that is to always take care of both sides before crossing the road or street.
At the same time as drivers and pedestrians should always consider proper measures to prevent such accidents from happening, accidents unluckily still happen. Keep reading the most frequent ways pedestrian mistakes have contributed to accidents.
Even as pedestrians have more ability to prevent from being hit by vehicle, it is considered to be very unusual for a pedestrian accident to take place outside of the highway. As long as pedestrian uses the proper safety measures before going to a roadway; their possibilities of being hit by a vehicle are decreased to a great extent. In whatever way, those possibilities can be increased significantly as a result of the following causes:
- Ignoring traffic rules – People mostly are aware of the “walk” and “don’t walk” indicates fixed on traffic crossroads. Such signals are placed to give pedestrians sufficient time to cross the highway in a safe manner. One time the “don’t walk” symbol is highlighted, people that are in the center of road should keep on, but other people still on the side of the road should hang around for the next signal. In case, there is not any pedestrian signal, they should always keep waiting for a green signal prior to crossing and never cross the road while the signal is yellow.
- Crossing the road at a red light – People should, not at all cross a street in improper way. Doing in this way puts them at a higher risk of getting injury. They should always pass the road at a traffic circle or a special location.
- The child moving very quickly – On the moment, there can be some children suddenly moving very quickly into the road. Many times they are going after with the intention to catch a pet, a toy and even a different child. Drivers should, at all times consider extreme safety measures every time they notice children moving on a road, or when they pass the road to go to a park, school or different area wherever children can be considered likely to arrive.
- The parent following children – When children are running in a road, it is possible that a parent would be the running in a road to follow them. It is wise to think that a parent will follow the child in a road without considering no matter what is coming in the road because the taking the child out of road will be their main concern.
- Walking on “NO Pedestrian” Highway – These roads have very high speed traffic and seeing any pedestrian on road very dangerous for drivers. When a highway is ever labeled “NO Pedestrian”, show respect towards it.