The history of carpets and rugs is almost as old as the evolution of the man. Earlier, it was used by the nomadic sheep herders as a warm covering over their bodies. Later on, the carpet weaving occupation developed in the Middle Eastern countries. It was used for covering the floors of prayer halls during the prayer practices by Muslims. It was these same Persian carpets which reached the heights of popularity back then and they are still in demand now owing to artistic work done on the best quality fabric. Usually, carpets and rugs have been woven with the animal products like wool, silk and even the goat’s skin. Even synthetic fibers have been utilized to weave the more colorful carpets and other floor coverings which are polypropylene, nylon and polyester. However, carpets made from the synthetic fibers have not proven to be useful on a long term basis. Mainly because the synthetic fibers are prone to wear and tear with the passage of time. Nowadays, environment friendly fibers are utilized for designing and manufacture of beautiful rugs and carpets which not only add glow to the area but also improves its utility in the long term.
Generally, the main purpose of using seagrass carpet as the floor covering is because it is ideally suitable to cover hard wooden floors. And secondly, the purchasing seagrass carpet is a good investment, just like purchasing any other luxurious item. Thirdly, it is seen as a piece of art which can easily grab the attention of your visitors. Carpet makers have been very innovative in using the different types of plant fibers that will fulfill all the required conditions that animal fibers currently have. Plant fibers which are most popular in use for carpet making are jute, sisal, seagrass and coir. Many carpet making competitors have failed to meet the challenge like Floorspace have in designing their high quality seagrass carpets at reasonable rates. And their customers get the opportunity of buying the Floorspace Seagrass carpets in a customized form. Their customers get the options to select the color, pattern and design the carpet which he or she is willing to buy. Purchase can be made by visiting the website or going to their store. Apart from buying the carpets their customers are assisted with cleaning tips by their customer service staff without allowing any extra cost to incur.
Why you should invest in seagrass carpets are represented in following points:
- Seagrass carpets are made from the grass that grows on the sea floors. The grass is set for drying after the harvesting is done and then utilized for weaving into squares and later on these squares are stitched together into the required size.
- Seagrass carpets are ideally suitable for the long term use as these carpets do not show wear and tear with time and forms a natural resistance against any kind of stain. Its durability and the appearance are highly impressive. Different bold patterns and colors are applied in making seagrass carpets so that they appeal to your visitors and add to your decor. Before making any final decision on the selection of a seagrass carpet, it is a smart move to check the samples first.
- However, these precautionary measures should be taken for increasing the long lasting efficiency of your seagrass carpets. Though the seagrass carpets are applicable for both indoor and outdoor installations, these carpets should not be allowed to come in contact with ultra rays of the sun or the scorching heat, moist and water.
- As it is already a known fact that the seagrass carpets are the environment friendly products and will not harm the environment even it is thrown away and burnt. It does not produce any harmful effects on nature unlike synthetic carpets.
- Moreover, it would not work only as a beautiful display; the person will feel the softness under his or her feet when walking on it. An additional advantage is that it does not generate static electricity in contrast to synthetic carpets or carpets made from animal fibers.