In India, Aadhaar has become the most important document. All the residents need to have it because almost everything is now linked with this unique 12-digit number issued by UIDAI. If you are an Indian resident, you have to get your mobile number, PAN, bank accounts, insurance policy, investments, and credit cards linked to your Aadhaar Number.
In this article, we have talked about the linking procedure at different banks. You can link Aadhaar with savings bank account at your bank. We have also mentioned the benefits you get after linking your bank account.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar with Savings Account
- You get the LPG subsidy to the latest linked account
- You get the subsidy for various commodities to the linked account.
- The wages under MNREGA scheme is credited to the linked bank accounts only.
- The payments from the Tribal welfare schemes is credited to the linked bank accounts.
- Students who receive the scholarship from the government get the money to only in the bank account linked to their Aadhaar number.
- The online, inter-operable architecture of Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS) allows access to the account nationwide.
Steps to link Aadhaar with SBI Bank Savings Account
- Login to www.onlinesbi.com and access the link ‘Link your Aadhaar number’ under ‘My accounts’ which appears on the left side of the screen.
- On the directed page, select the Account number that you want to link
- Mention the Aadhaar number
- Click on the Submit.
- The last 2 digits of the registered mobile number will be displayed on the screen.
- The status of mapping will then be sent to this registered mobile number of the customer.
Steps to link Aadhaar with Corporation Bank Savings Account
- Login to Corporation Bank Net Banking retails website with the login ID and password.
- Click on ‘Online Request’ tab and click on the link.
- Go to ‘Update Aadhaar Number’ option and click.
- Select the branch.
- Enter 15-digit account number.
- Enter the mobile number.
- Mention Aadhaar Number.
- Confirm and ‘Save’.
Steps to link Aadhaar with ICICI Bank Account
- Login to ICICI Internet Banking
- Go to Customer Service Section
- Click on Service Requests and then Account Details
- Next is to click on ‘Request for Updating Aadhaar Number’
- Enter your Aadhaar details and then submit
Steps to link Aadhaar with HSBC Bank Account
- Login to the Net Banking using your customer or login ID and password
- Go to the update Aadhaar section
- Submit the Aadhaar number
Steps to link Aadhaar with HDFC bank Account
- Visit the Official Website and login to NetBanking, using your user ID and Password.
- Click on the option of “View / Update Aadhaar Details” from the Request section of Accounts tab.
- Select the Account, Enter your Aadhaar Number, and Click on Confirm to submit your Aadhaar seeding request.
Steps to update Aadhaar in Axis Bank Account
- Log in to the website of Axis Bank
- Visit the Internet Banking by clicking on the “Bank Smart” section
- Click “log-in”
- Enter your log-in banking credentials like your log-in ID and password.
- Click on the “Aadhaar seeding” link for registering your details
- Provide details of your Aadhaar
- Submit the details