As when buying machines there are always different types and classes, sometimes deciding it becomes very difficult. For this case, it is better to see the Differences between the Electric, Gasoline and Battery Chainsaws. If you have more doubts in what types of Chainsaw there are and know a little more about these equipment, we invite you to first review the article Guide What Chainsaw to Buy?
Differences between Electric Chainsaws vs Gasoline vs Battery
For now, let’s look at this class of Chainsaws and their functionality.
Remember that to buy a chainsaw according to its activation or power supply, we must know the advantages or disadvantages of each. Let’s start by defining what your job is like to then find those pros and cons.
Why Choose an Electric Chain Saw: Advantages and Disadvantages
If you are the amateur type, neophyte or just want to do domestic work, this type of Chainsaw is the ideal. It feeds electricity by means of a cable that they bring. Depending on its power, is the use that can be given, do not try to force these machines, if it is not appropriate, check another option? There are best chainsaws online from 700 W to 2600 W. They are connected directly to the Electric Network without any additional device. They can be connected to an Electric Generator, obviously choosing the right Generator.
If we review some of its advantages of electric chainsaws, we can remember that:
- They are useful for domestic work and suddenly without so much frequency of use
- You must have an electrical outlet or extension on hand
- You have to be very careful not to cut or cut the cable when using the Chainsaw
- They are of limited power, not for industrial uses
- Easier to repair and perform maintenance.
- They are very practical equipment that anyone can manipulate, example of this can be:
- 1800 W Electric Chainsaw with 16 “Bar
- It has a 1.6 KW motor
- It has a length of 16 “or 40 cm
- Handles a 3/8 “chain
- Uses an automatic oil pump
- 57-link chain
- Total weight with sword and chain of 4.8 Kgs
Why Choose a Battery Electric Chain Saw: Advantages and Disadvantages
This is the same for any amateur; the advantage is that it can be used without being connected to an electrical outlet. It is special for camping or simply to use in your backyard or orchard. You just have to keep in mind that the battery must be charged in advance.
Some of its pros and cons are:
- It is very useful for simple jobs and sporadic use
- Remember that you must charge your battery for about 8 hours before using it
- Its autonomy is very short; we can advise you to buy an additional battery
- Its maintenance is easy to perform
- Limited power, not suitable for industrial work
- Economical to acquire
- An example of this is the:
- 18 V Battery Electric Chain Saw
- What battery saw chain buy?
- It has a 2.4 amp battery
- The battery recharge is between 8 and 9 hours approx.
- Power of use of 18 V
- Weight around 2.75 Kg
- You can cut and prune wood up to 25 cm in diameter
Why Choose a Gasoline Chainsaw: Pros and Cons
As it was said, there are so professional Moto sierras in this characteristic that handle uninterrupted tasks with an extreme quality. This type of Chainsaw has a powerful engine powered by fuel, in this case they are always Gasoline and will always be 2-stroke engines so the chainsaw must be rotated according to use, you cannot use a configuration of type 4 times. Something that you must never forget is that apart from the lubricant that the chain requires and regardless of the power source, they all bring it, it is the oil or lubricant in its motorized parts, without this, the motor would be damaged.
Some Advantages and Disadvantages of Gasoline Chainsaws:
- They are suitable for both domestic and professional jobs
- Depending on the reference they have a very good autonomy of use
- You must do constant preventive maintenance
- Do not forget the use of oil not of the chain but of the engine
- Its repair will be more expensive
- A little more expensive to acquire
- Perfect for Professional and Industrial jobs
- An example of this is the:
- 22 “Tala Gasoline Chainsaw and 3.8 HP motor
- Chainsaw for Talar
- It has a 62 cc engine
- 0.67 Liter Fuel Tank
- 0.35 liter oil tank
- It has automatic chain brake for safety
- 22 “Sword
- Weight with bar and chain of 6.7 Kg
- For more options, visit Gasoline Chainsaws
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN CHAINSAWS
In this video you can see the basic differences between electric chainsaws, gasoline and battery, taking into account their advantages and disadvantages.
Do you already know the differences between the different types of Chainsaws?
With this, we hope you have more clear the Differences between the Electric Chainsaws, Gasoline and Battery, and know how to choose the one that best suits your needs.
Never forget that safety is first of all, use the necessary equipment for handling.