Whether you are a home owner or a business, you need energy to power your appliances and also for lights etc. With soaring energy prices and a push towards clean energy, here are a few reasons to get a solar panel system installed.
10 Compelling Reasons for Solar Energy
- Subsidies: The federal government is offering subsidies and incentives to homeowners and businesses to install solar panels. These may not be around for too many years – it makes sense to avail this fee money and also join the green and clean energy movement.
- Fluctuating values of renewable energy certificates: These are the basis for major financial support as far as solar technology is concerned. Their value is determined by the market and can fluctuate based on economic factors. Since the values are high, it makes sense to get solar panels installed and save large amounts of money.
- Tariffs: If homeowners get solar panels installed, they can lock in a particular tariff for a specified period – every little bit helps and who doesn’t like to save money?
- Saving on electric bills: solar san jose panels help in reducing electricity bills. Talk to a professional installation company and find out what kind of a system you need and how much you could save based on different configurations.
- Home improvement: Planning to sell your home? Why not get a system installed and make it a selling point? Solar panels can be considered a useful upgrade and will go down favorably with new and aware buyers. Solar installations last a long time – at least 25 years. So reap the benefits while you live in the house as well as later, when you sell.
- Creating green jobs: With a shift towards environmental consciousness and relevant changes, why not get a solar system installed? Thinking of future generations is a good idea.
- Setting a good example: Look around your neighborhood – how many homes use solar power? Why not start the conversational ball rolling by explaining how the system works and how much money people can save? Contribute by installing panels and also encouraging others to follow suit.
- Getting rid of coal: There is no such thing as clean coal – every aspect of mining and processing coal is bad for people as well as the environment. The idea is to use resources already available to us instead of mining and destroying landscapes and ecology.
- Getting off the currency rollercoaster: With improvements in technology and production techniques, costs for materials and labor are becoming lower. Other economic factors can also have a big influence on the value of a country’s currency – capitalize on lower costs and get solar panels installed.
Given the number of companies which manufacture and sell solar panels, how do you figure out which one to choose? Talk to neighbors and friends who are currently using this technology for ideas. Do your own research online to find out what are available and other user’s experiences and then decide accordingly.