The winter chills and slight shivers often leave us with a different taste for food. Hot and spicy flavored delicacies are all that helps to combat the chills and shivers. Pepper chicken is a perfect pick for winters that makes an amazing evening snacks or can also be served for during a gala dinner! The Pepper chicken recipe is simple and hassle free. It does not require a plethora of masalas or ingredients but some simple spices and a proportionate combination of pepper helps to prepare this finger-licking dish. This article is brief introduction to the recipe and shall provide you step by step guidance to serve this amazing delicacy.
The Magic of Pepper Chicken
The aroma and décor of pepper chicken is an addition to the refined taste of this brilliant spicy dish which is way different from all other chicken curry recipes. The quantity of garam masala and red chili powder is pretty less, but the right proportion of finely coarse and grounded pepper adds the flavor and heat to the delicacy. This dish can be served in all forms of gravy, dry or curry making it a simple serving in the evening or even for dinners. The recipe and ingredients of pepper chicken are highlighted below.
Ingredients for Pepper Chicken
The ingredients of pepper chicken are easily available in market and it does not require much of an effort to cook this popular dish. Take the following ingredients and keep them ready until you put it on the flames.
- Take 500 grams of skinned chicken drumsticks in a bowl, nicely washed.
- You would require 1/4th cup of plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of minced and peeled ginger
- 1 tbsp. of finely minced garlic pieces
- 1/4th of turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. of red chili powder and 1tsp. of salt. The proportion of salt can vary according to your taste.
- Take 3-4 tbsp. of oil and 4 tbsp. of crushed black peppercorns.
- 1 tsp. of garam masala with a handful of finely chopped coriander leaves for garnishing and taste.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon sliced half.
- Take the mentioned quantity of ginger, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garlic and salt in a large bowl and mix them to form a nice paste. Add the nicely chopped pieces of chicken drumstick and keep it for marinating for about 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Take the oil in a pan and heat it and fry the marinated chicken drumsticks. Keep frying the chicken until they turn golden brown. You can adjust the flame from low to high to achieve the perfect shades of brown, fried chicken.
- Reduce the flame and introduce the crushed peppercorns, garam masala, coriander leaves, and lemon juice on the fried chicken.
- Allow it to cook for some 4-5 minutes until the dish is properly cooked.
- Serve it hot and enjoy this fantastic dish of chicken. This mouth-watering chicken Indian cuisine makes serving for 4 with the quantity mentioned.
Important Tips to Remember
Here are some basic but few significant points that will help you serve the dish hot and healthy.
- Wash the chicken thoroughly and drain off the water before marinating.
- Fry the chicken well so that it loses all the moisture.
- You can cook keep the gas in low flame to make the fried chicken soft and tender.
- You can add some finely grated and fried tomatoes for taste and desired amount of water to achieve the spicy gravy.
- For relishing the dried, spicy, hot pepper chicken, you can also serve it with rasam.
So get going with this fabulous recipe and relish a spicy, hot, fantastic chicken meal!